Many of us are the kind of people who do everything possible to care for those we love. And while many people think of their immediate family members when it comes to giving loving care, some also include their pets. The pet insurance process, in fact, is a growing industry in American because many of us want to make sure that we are taking care of our older dogs as well as are our new kittens.
Have you considered the pet insurance process so that you can see what you can be doing for the furry friends who live with your family?
National pet insurance companies that provide pet insurance policies for cats and dogs can differ from one another. for instance, while some policies specifically limit what breeds can be covered, other more comprehensive policies cover pets of all breeds and all all ages. Even if you are a pet owner who follows the health tips and recommendations for your dogs and cats, you may still be looking for insurance coverage. Policies that allow insurance owners to add on wellness visits and vaccinations are also sometimes available, but in general lifetime pet insurance policies cover any accidents or illnesses that might occur during your pet’s lifetime.
When you understand the number of pets in America and the amount of money that their owners spend, it should come as no surprise that the pet insurance process is of interest to many.
- 76.43 million cats in America means that the U.S. has more felines than any other country in the world.
- 84% of cats in America are neutered or spayed.
- 46.3 million households in America have a dog, this means that as many as 37% to 47% of all households in the U.S. have a dog.
- Although 28% of dogs are purchased from breeders, and 29% of cats and dogs are adopted from shelters and rescues, the majority of pets are obtained from acquaintances and family members. As a result, many people are concerned about the health, welfare, and happiness of your pet. You should be too.
- Americans spend $20.46 billion on pet food each year.
- Americans spend $12.56 billion on pet supplies and over-the-counter medicine each year.
- Americans spend $13.59 billion on vet care each year